- Provide information and resources useful to radio operators and listeners.
- To help educate new hams and offer guidance to all radio hobbyists.
- To offer a connection point where radio enthusiasts can meet and exchange comments and information.
- To promote amateur radio, shortwave listening, frequency scanning, and Citizens
Band radios such as CB, GMRS, FRS and eXRS.
- To support disaster services, especially emergency communications.
- To provide news and links of interest to the radio community.
- To make it easier for you to locate ham radio resources and information.
This site was launched in December 2011 by Tom Smerk, AA6TS (formerly N6TKT), International Editor for CQ Amateur Radio Magazine and member of several Southern California emergency communication teams. This is a project I am constantly working on developing into a great resource for hams and radio enthusiasts. I hope that it will eventually become one of your favorite resources. You can help by taking the time to explore the site, leave a comment or introduce new topics, share any interesting news that you have verified, send me comments, share your favorite links, or post a photo of your ham shack, unusual piece of equipment, your club or group, or an event you worked on. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feel welcome to read and share these Getting Started guides with your club or organization. Let me know if there are other topics you would like to see covered. Use the links in the site menu above to access more useful information from other sites. If you know any new hams, please tell them about these guides to get them off to a good start as ham operators.
- How to get your amateur radio license and become a “ham”
- I just obtained my Ham Radio License – Now What?
- How to get started with Ham Radio
- Top Ten Rules for Being a Good Amateur Radio Operator
- Upgrading to Amateur Radio from Other Radio Services
- Ham Radio Training for Responders and Groups
- Guide to Joining a Net for New Hams
- Guide to Using Repeaters for New Hams
- What to put in your Go Kit
- Digital Mode Primer
- What kind of ham are you?
- Comic books to introduce people to ham radio – Good idea!
Enjoy your visit, and please come back often. I would also appreciate if you made a link to this page on your own website, and tell others to do the same
This site was Updated on 4/28/2015 Bus clip art courtest Jeff K1NSS